Dundee High School Former Pupils Rugby Football Club Limited
Unfortunately we were unable to hold our usual AGM back in May and with the situation currently not showing signs of improvement we have decided to hold a virtual AGM instead.
This year’s AGM is to be on Wednesday 6th January at 6.30pm on the Zoom platform, you can sign in using this link:- https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81782839619?pwd=RDNNY3M1R055enozaTNRamtQYVRxdz09
Meeting ID: 817 8283 9619
Please make every effort to attend and make sure you are part of the discussions and decisions that are made regarding the future of the Club.
Agenda for Annual General Meeting
to be held on January 6th at 6.30pm on zoom
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Dundee High School Former Pupils Rugby Football Club Limited will be held virtually on 6th January 2021 at 6.30 pm.
You will be asked to consider and vote on certain of the agenda items below. Agenda item 7 (Election of Office Bearers) will be proposed as ordinary resolutions.
- Minutes of 2019 AGMs and Matters Arising. (Copies available on request)
- President’s Report
- Captain’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Honorary Life Memberships and Honorary Vice-Presidents
- Election of Office Bearers & Post Holders (currently as per postponed AGM letter):
|Post||Currently 2019/20||Provisionally 2020/21|
|President||Gerry Tosh||Derek Black|
|Vice President||Sandy McDonald||Billy Gartley|
|Secretary||Robin Lunn||David Nicoll|
|Treasurer||[Donald Brown]||Darren Kane|
|Rugby Convener||Ken Andrew||Neil Dymock|
|Dundee Rugby Juniors||Ben Dunn||Ben Dunn|
|Dundee Eagles||Niall Hegarty||Niall Hegarty|
|Committee||Derek Lawson||Derek Lawson|
- Other Competent Business
- Club Vision/Open Discussion
Notes to the Notice of Annual General Meeting
Appointment of Proxies
- If you are a member who is entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting, you are entitled to appoint one or more proxies to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the. A proxy does not need to be a member of the Company but must attend the Meeting to represent you.
- If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the Meeting.
Appointment of Proxies by post
- To appoint a proxy using the appointment must be:
- in writing and signed;
- sent or delivered to the Company at Mayfield Clubhouse, 193 Arbroath Road, Dundee; and
- received by the Company no later than 5pm on the day falling 2 business days prior to the date of the Meeting.
Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the proxy instruction is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the proxy instruction.
Appointment of Proxy by joint members
- In the case of joint holders, where more than one of the joint holders completes a proxy appointment, only the appointment submitted by the most senior holder will be accepted. Seniority is determined by the order in which the names of the joint holders appear in the Company’s register of members in respect of the joint holding (the first-named being the most senior).
Changing Proxy instructions
- Members may change proxy instructions by submitting a new proxy appointment using the methods set out above. Note that the cut-off time for receipt of proxy appointments also apply in relation to amended instructions; any amended proxy appointment received after the relevant cut-off time will be disregarded.
If you submit more than one valid proxy appointment, the appointment received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
Termination of Proxy appointments
- A member may change a proxy instruction but to do so you will need to inform the Company in writing by either:
- Sending a signed notice clearly stating your intention to revoke your proxy appointment to the Company. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the revocation notice is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the revocation notice.
- Sending an email to the Company Secretary.
In either case, the revocation notice must be received by the Company no later than 5pm on the business day immediately preceding the date of the Meeting. If you attempt to revoke your proxy appointment but the revocation is received after the time specified, your original proxy appointment will remain valid unless you attend the meeting and vote in person.
Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the meeting and voting in person. If you have appointed a proxy and attend the Meeting in person, your proxy appointment will automatically be terminated.
- Except as provided above, members who have general queries about the Meeting should contact the Company Secretary.
DHSFP AU AGM Minutes 2019
AGM Notice 2020