Dundee High Rugby (including its junior sections Dundee Rugby and Dundee Eagles) is a rugby club in Scotland (the “Club”). The Club is fully committed to protecting personal information and to the principles of data protection as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
This privacy statement explains how the Club collects and uses personal information about you.
What categories of data we collect from the individual
- We collect information such as your name, address (postal & email) and phone numbers
Where we collect personal information from
- We collect information from members, players, coaches, club officials, employees, volunteers and parents or guardians of children, to help us run the Club properly, including those who express an interest in these roles or apply to take on one. We also collect information you provide when you attend our events or express an interest in our events, or support the club financially.
How we use data we collect
- We use your general information to help run the Club properly. We use your contact information to send you our latest news and ways you can support our Club and its events. We use your details to process any payments or the like you have made to us. We make any necessary returns to the SRU on coaches, players, officials, members etc. including for SCRUMS, PVG, insurance, disciplinary matters and the like. For players, we may need to collect certain medical/health information, and if so we will get your specific consent to do so on eg application forms etc.
Legal bases under GDPR to justify our processing of data
- We need to use your general information (using data is called ‘processing’ in the Regulations) to help us run the Club properly. We will use your data to send you by email or post our latest news and let you know ways you can support our Club as we feel it is in our legitimate interests to do so. It is also at times necessary to use your personal data for compliance with our legal obligations eg when we receive payments or to send necessary information to the SRU.
- We will also use your data in connection with internal reporting and analysis because we believe it is within our legitimate organisational interests to do so in creating better fundraising events, better communications, and a better website. We employ safeguards, such as internal guidelines, to protect your privacy. To opt out of this processing, please see our section on Data Subject rights.
- We do NOT engage third parties to provide us with information about you.
Data Subject rights
You have the following rights which you can request at any time.
- Right of Access: we must inform you if we have your data, how we process it and give you a copy of your data.
- Right to Rectify: we must correct your data.
- Right of Erasure: we must delete your data.
- Right to Restrict Processing: we must stop processing your data but not delete it.
- Right of Portability: we must give you your data in a common, machine readable format.
- Right to Object: you can object to us using your data in ways not essential to the running of the Club eg marketing or internal analysis.
- Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Sharing and transfer
- We will NEVER knowingly sell or trade your personal data.
- We may however disclose your data to the SRU.
- We may also disclose your information if required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
Retention and Protection
- We hold and retain personal information only for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the above purposes and in accordance with appropriate retention procedures.
- We use appropriate organisational approaches to try to ensure your data is secure and protected from loss, misuse and unauthorised access or alteration.
- When someone visits our website, we do not share information about their use of our site with social media, advertising and analytics companies. Information collected via our website enquiry forms will only be used for the purpose of contacting you to answer your enquiry. When you browse our website you browse anonymously. Personal Information is not collected as you browse.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this statement and it you may wish to check it periodically on our website for any changes.
Dundee High School Former Pupils Rugby Football Club Ltd (Dundee High Rugby)
Telephone: 07868748 080
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns